Formosa FoundationReturn to Home Page
Advancing the Democracy of Taiwan
1. Responsible conduct. You agree to act responsibly at this Web Site and to treat other visitors with respect.
2. Limited License/ Copyright and Intellectual Property Law Restrictions. Except for public domain material, the content on this Web Site is protected by intellectual property laws, including U.S. copyright laws. You are hereby granted a non-exclusive license to use the material at this site (the “Content”) while connected to this site (including, where available, to email individual stories to friends directly from this site). You are also granted a limited license to print any Content posted at the site, but only for your personal use. Except as expressly provided above, all rights are reserved. Among other things, except to the extent required for the limited purpose of reviewing material on our site, electronic reproduction, adaptation, distribution, performance or display is prohibited. Changes to or deletion of author attribution or copyright notices are prohibited. Commercial use of any of the Content is strictly prohibited. Use of any of our trademarks as metatags on other web sites also is strictly prohibited. You may not display this Web Site in frames (or any of the Content via in-line links) without our express written permission, which may be requested by contacting us through our feedback form. You may, however, establish ordinary links to our Web Site without our written permission.
3. Links. We may provide links from our Web Site to other sites as a convenience to our visitors. We have no control over linked sites and make no representations about any content or material available at these locations. Links are not intended to imply sponsorship, affiliation or endorsement.
4. Discussion Boards and other self-publishing 3rd party products. Although we do not have any obligation to monitor these services, or this self-published content, we reserve the right at all times to remove any information or materials that are unlawful, threatening, abusive, libelous, defamatory, obscene, vulgar, pornographic, profane, indecent or otherwise objectionable to us in our sole discretion and to disclose any information necessary to satisfy the law, regulation, or government request. We also reserve the right to permanently block any user who violates these terms and conditions.
5. DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES. YOU EXPRESSLY AGREE THAT USE OF THIS WEB SITE IS AT YOUR SOLE RISK. THERE IS NO WARRANTY THAT YOUR ACCESS TO OR USE OF THIS SITE WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR FREE; OR THAT ANY PARTICULAR RESULTS MAY BE OBTAINED BY USE OF THIS SITE. THIS SITE IS MADE AVAILABLE ON AN "AS IS" BASIS WITHOUT WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO WARRANTIES OF TITLE OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, NON-INFRINGEMENT OR OTHERWISE, OTHER THAN THOSE WHICH ARE IMPLIED BY AND INCAPABLE OF EXCLUSION, RESTRICTION, OR MODIFICATION UNDER THE LAWS APPLICABLE TO THIS AGREEMENT.
6. Indemnification. You agree to indemnify, defend, and hold harmless the Formosa Foundation and its officers, directors, employees, sponsors, licensors, independent contractors, providers, agents, subsidiaries, affiliates and other partners (collectively, the “Indemnified Parties”), from and against any and all liabilities, damages, actions, causes of action, suits, claim, demands, losses, costs and expenses (including without limitation reasonable attorneys’ fees and court costs) incurred by the Indemnified Parties in connection with any claim arising from, in, or out of any connection with (a) your use or misuse of the Web Site, (b) and any breach by you of any provision of these Terms, and (c) any claim by any other person or entity that you have infringed on another’s intellectual property rights. You agree to cooperate as fully with the Formosa Foundation as reasonably required in the defense of any such claims. The Formosa Foundation reserves the right, at its own expense, to assume the exclusive defense and control of any matter otherwise subject to indemnification by you, and you shall not in any event settle any claim involving any Indemnified Party without the written consent of the Formosa Foundation.
7. Limitation of Liability. YOUR USE OF ANY INFORMATION ON THIS WEB SITE IS ENTIRELY VOLUNTARY. NEITHER THE FORMOSA FOUNDATION NOR ANY PERSON OR ENTITY PROVIDING CONTENT TO THIS WEB SITE SHALL BE LIABLE FOR ANY CLAIM, INJURY OR DAMAGE ARISING FROM THE USE OR INABILITY TO USE THE WEB SITE. THIS DISCLAIMER OF LIABILITY INCLUDES, BUT IS NOT LIMITED TO, ANY FAILURE OF PERFORMANCE, ERROR, OMISSION, INTERRUPTION, DELETION, DEFECT, DELAY IN OPERATION OR TRANSMISSION OR DELIVERY, COMPUTER VIRUS, COMMUNICATION LINE FAILURE, THEFT OR DESTRUCTION OR UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS TO, ALTERATION OF, OR USE OF RECORDS, PROGRAMS OR FILES, WHETHER FOR BREACH OF CONTRACT, TORTIOUS BEHAVIOR, NEGLIGENCE, OR UNDER ANY OTHER CAUSE OF ACTION.
IN NO EVENT SHALL THE FORMOSA FOUNDATION BE LIABLE TO ANY PARTY FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, SPECIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES (INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF PROFITS OR GOODWILL, LOSS OF USE OF FACILITIES OR EQUIPMENT, OR LOSS OF PROGRAMS OR INFORMATION) ARISING OUT OF OR IN ANY WAY CONNECTED WITH THE USE OF, OR ANY DELAY OR INABILITY TO USE, THE WEB SITE OR ANY INFORMATION, PRODUCTS OR SERVICES OBTAINED THROUGH THE WEB SITE, REGARDLESS OF THE FORM OF ACTION, BE IT IN CONTRACT, TORT, STRICT LIABILITY OR OTHERWISE, EVEN IF THE FORMOSA FOUNDATION HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES OR IS NEGLIGENT. WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, THE FORMOSA FOUNDATION SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY CONDUCT OF ANY USER OF OR VISITOR TO THE WEB SITE AND IN NO EVENT SHALL THE FORMOSA FOUNDATION BE LIABLE TO ANY PARTY FOR ANY DELAYS, INACCURACIES, ERRORS OR OMISSIONS WITH RESPECT TO WEB SITE OR THE INFORMATION CONTAINED ON THE WEB SITE OR THE TRANSMISSION OR DELIVERY OF ALL OR ANY PART THEREOF, FOR ANY DAMAGES ARISING THEREFROM OR OCCASIONED THEREBY, OR FOR THE RESULTS OBTAINED FROM THE USE OF INFORMATION AVAILABLE ON OR THROUGH THE WEB SITE.
8. Modifications/ Termination. The terms of this agreement will not be modified on an individual basis. You agree that we may modify the terms of this Agreement (or discontinue this Web Site) in our sole discretion, without advance notice, and that your right to access this Web Site is conditioned on an ongoing basis with your compliance with the then-current version of these Terms and Conditions. You should therefore visit this page frequently.
9. Jurisdiction. This Web Site is hosted on servers located in the United States and is intended to be viewed by residents of the United States. In the event of any dispute arising out of or relating to this site, you agree that the exclusive venue for litigating disputes shall be in state or federal court in Los Angeles, California.